Leadership spotlight: Head of LGRA Operations
In this series we will hear from the Senior Leadership Team at Three about the latest activity across the company and a little about the people behind the projects.
- Name: Clive Goodwin
- Job title: Head of LGRA Operations
- Function: Legal, Government & Regulatory Affairs (LGRA)
- Tenure: 12 years
Tell us a bit about your background
I am originally from a small town called Wivenhoe near Colchester in Essex, but I’ve lived all over the place including several years in London, 4 years in Auckland, New Zealand and 4 years in Dublin where I worked at Three Ireland. Although my career has always been in telecommunications, it has been vary varied. Previous responsibilities include: working as a network engineer, several commercial roles including Head of Pricing, some customer-facing project management and being Head of BI & Analytics. I have also really enjoyed the contrast of working for different types of companies including: a PTT, a fixed line telco, MNOs and working as a Strategy Manager in a division of a company focussed solely on wholesale business.
In a nutshell, describe your role and how it supports Three’s objectives
My team support LGRA with systems, processes, reporting and policies. We also support larger projects that are owned by LGRA, a high profile example would be the UK spectrum auction that happened earlier in the year. Internally we are most likely known for processing the signature of contracts with our suppliers and making sure that we comply with our own governance process, but this is one part of what we do.
What is currently happening in the world of LGRA operations?
As is normal for our team, we are involved in many varied activities.
- We are participating in the budget 2022 process on behalf of LGRA as part of the cross-functional PWG (Portfolio Working Group).
- Later in the year we will be working with the Contract Management team and Procurement team to review our current contract management/procurement system.
- We are also supporting the LGRA legal and compliance teams in their interactions with some of our largest internal change projects.
Back in January, Three announced that we would provide unlimited data upgrades to disadvantaged school children in England to ensure they were able to continue with their studies from home. As lockdown has eased, the scheme has finished – what was the impact?
We helped 7,254 customers with unlimited data and the Department for Education were incredibly appreciative of the scheme.