Leadership spotlight: Director of People Development
In this series we will hear from the Senior Leadership Team at Three about the latest activity across the company and a little about the people behind the projects.
- Name: Keavy Gorman
- Job title: Director of People Development (UK & ROI)
- Function: People
- Tenure: 3 years, 9 months
Tell us a bit about your background
After school I studied programming and spent the first part of my career in hands-on technical roles, before finding a new love – developing people! This moved me to Australia where I spent 13 years working in APAC roles before moving back to Ireland.
Describe your role in a nutshell
My role is to lead my amazing team to deliver exceptional development opportunities for our people and to support the growth of our business.
What does the People Development team at Three stand for?
Our purpose is to passionately serve our customers through the delivery of phenomenal development experiences! We partner with our stakeholders across the organization to understand the development needs of teams and individuals. We know the value of developing our people and deliver innovative solutions to support the success of our people and our business, which aligns to our People Purpose: A Better Me, A Better Us, A Better Three.
Following the most recent internal survey results, Development was confirmed as an area of focus at Three. Can you tell us more about what we can expect in 2021?
- We are investing in leaders at all levels across the business.
- We will capitalise on the amazing skills we have in the business through a new mentoring program.
- We are looking forward to welcoming our new graduates to the business.
- We are working with our people to develop phenomenal teams on our team programs.
- We are developing our apprenticeship offerings.
- We are delivering many bespoke talent and development programs for teams and individuals across the business.
- We are delivering development initiatives in many new and innovative ways and are very excited to introduce additional digital learning platforms including LinkedIn Learning for all Three employees, making development possible anywhere, at any time.