Three Business Connectivity Grants for SMEs in Birmingham and Manchester
We know the rising cost of living is impacting small and medium businesses (SMEs) up and down the country.
Research that we recently commissioned told us that one of the biggest challenges keeping entrepreneurs up at night, bar the economic situation, is poor connectivity. Birmingham and Manchester businesses were some of the worst affected so in response, working with both cities’ Chambers of Commerce, we decided to launch a support package.
What’s on offer?
We are providing a package of Connectivity Grants totalling over £150K for SMEs in both regions. The grants will equip local SMEs with access to Three’s 5G network – the fastest in both Manchester and Birmingham** – as well as a team of Three Business specialists.
Successful applicants will be in with the chance to receive free SIM packages as well as Business Broadband for two years
Who can apply?
Businesses based in Greater Birmingham and Greater Manchester, employing between 25 to 150 members of staff
How can you take part?
To apply, tell us a bit about your business and how better connectivity could help you grow by completing our quick and easy online application form, here.
The deadline for applications is on the 14th April 2023 at 5pm.
How will we choose the recipients?
Entries will be assessed by a panel of judges using the following criteria:
- Businesses must have a Birmingham or Manchester postcode
- Business size must be between 25 to 150 employees (the grant will be allocated according to the size of your business)
- Ability to demonstrate how your business has a positive impact on the local community and how the grant could help to drive business growth
- Grants conditional upon a successful credit & sanctions check & supply of ID and bank statement, check against business postcode, proof of business (i.e., Ltd companies registered with Companies House, and the business holds a UK bank account
How can I find out more?
If you have any questions about the grants or the application process, you can contact Andrea Moseley firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application and awarding the grants in the coming weeks.
*Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data for median 5G download speeds. Birmingham, Q3-Q4 2022. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
*Based on analysis by Ookla® of Speedtest Intelligence® data for median 5G download speeds. Manchester, Q3-Q4 2022. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission.
Terms & Conditions
Three Business Regional Connectivity Competition
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are the rules which apply to this competition. By submitting an entry, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Three Business Regional Connectivity Grant (“Competition”) is organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited trading as Three, Registered Office: 50 Longwater Avenue, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire RG2 6GF “Three” or “We”). The Prizes] are] (as defined at paragraph 6 below) administered and provided by Three.
- The Competition opens on 22 March 2023 at 9am and closes on 14 April 2023 at 5pm
- To be eligible to enter the Competition entrants must be a business owner with a Birmingham or Manchester postcode, over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”).
- To enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants must fill out the entry form comprehensively which must then be submitted online (internet access required). Online entry only. Entries are deemed to be received when received by Three, not when sent. Personal details including name, telephone number and email address will be captured together with name of business and size of business. Entrants will be required to provide details of their growth plans for next 12 months and what they consider their social impact is of their business on local community (“Qualifying Entries”).
- The following rules shall also apply to the Competition:Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be considered by Three and entered into the Competition. Multiple entries will render all entries, by that specific person, as void.Late entries will not be taken into consideration in selection of the winner.Each entrant warrants that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete and they have all relevant permissions to share their information for the purposes of the competition and Three is not responsible for any information which is invalid or incomplete.
Three reserves the right to exclude and/or disqualify any entries which it deems, in its sole and absolute discretion: (i) is offensive or inappropriate;(ii) fails to comply with these terms and conditions; and/or (iii) is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Subject to the Criteria Winners will receive one of the following prizes:One winner will receive a Three Business Adapt 150 package (up to 150 SIM only mobile connections) and a Business Broadband package for 24 months.Four winners will receive a Three Business Adapt 25 package (up to 25 SIM only mobile connections) and a Business Broadband package for 24 months.Fifteen runners up will each receive Business Broadband packages for 24 months] (“Prize”).Only one Prize will be awarded per winner. Allocation of the Prize remains at Three’s sole and absolute discretion.
Selection of winners:
- The winners will be selected by a judging panel based on the Criteria (as defined at paragraph 8 below) from all Qualifying Entries on 19 April. The judging panel shall comprise of representatives from Three and either The Manchester or Birmingham Chambers of Commerce. The decision will be final and Three will not enter into any correspondence.
- Entries will be assessed by a panel of judges using the following criteria:
- Businesses must have a Birmingham or Manchester postcode
- Business size must be between 25 to 150 employees (grant allocated according to size of business)
- Positive impact on the local community and award likely (in judges reasonable opinion) to help drive business growth
- Successful coverage check against business postcode
- Success proof of business (i.e. Ltd companies registered with Companies House
- UK bank account
- Grant conditional upon a successful credit & sanctions check & supply of ID and bank statement
Contacting the winners:
- Reasonable efforts will be made by Three to contact the winners of each Prize via email or telephone by 21 April. Eligible Entrants should check their junk mail and/or telephone voice messages between 17 and 21 April and Three shall not be responsible in the event a winner does not claim the Prize because they have failed to do so. If the winners of the Prizes cannot be successfully contacted, does not claim the Prizes within 72 hours of notification (by responding to Three), or is/are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the relevant Prizes to another Eligible Entrant. Failure to respond or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prizes.
Redeeming your Prize:
- The winners of the Competition will be required to confirm their company details and enter into a Three Business Agreement with Three whereby their prize will be confirmed (and a 100% discount on monthly recuring charges for the duration of the 24 month fixed term applied). The Three Business Agreement incorporates the following terms and conditions found here: https://www.three.co.uk/terms-conditions and winners shall be subject to a successful credit and sanctions check prior to receiving their Prize. The winners may also be required to submit additional valid identification before receiving the Prize. Acceptable forms of identification remain at Three’s sole and absolute discretion. If the winner does not take the prize by the end of any period stipulated by Three then the price shall be forfeited by the winner. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or part thereof. Please not winners may be subject to early termination fees for leaving their current mobile or broadband provider and shall remain responsible for any such fees.
- The Prize is not transferable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of similar or greater value where circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so. Further, we reserve the right, acting in according with all relevant legislation, to amend these terms and conditions (including altering the Prize) at any time without notice by updating these terms and conditions and publishing them on Three’s intranet. No communications will be entered into by Three regarding this. This Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary however an internet connection is required.
- Three has partnered with The Chambers of Commerce (Birmingham and Manchester) who act as Three’s independent judge in respect of this Competition.
- All third party terms and conditions relating to the Competition are beyond our control. Three cannot accept responsibility and will not be liable for any failures to abide by all third party terms..
- Three cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted, or delayed in transmission. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Competition or the Prize (or any aspects of them), and Three excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to a winner of the Prize arising out of or connected to the Prize or this Competition.
- Entry into the Competition signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be published on Three’s website. These terms are governed by English law.