Leadership spotlight: Director of Financial Planning & Performance
In this series we will hear from the Senior Leadership Team at Three about the latest activity across the company and a little about the people behind the projects.
- Name: Mandeep Lota
- Job title: Director of Financial Planning & Performance
- Function: Finance
- Tenure: 15 years
Tell us a bit about your background
I went to university in London to study Business Management and Marketing. Very soon after, I joined Three UK where I studied to become a qualified accountant and since then I have worked through a number of roles within the financial accounting areas before moving into more commercially focussed finance roles, heading up Business partnering functions and most recently taking on the role of Director of Financial Planning & Performance, along with being the CFO lead for transformation activities.
Describe your role in a nutshell
My role supports CFO and the wider business, having responsibilities across tactical and strategic financial areas.
- We lead on management reporting, cost management and financial planning (across the short, medium and long term).
- As a team we own the company budgeting and forecasting process, the month end close process, along with the internal and external company performance reporting.
- We also support the business with financial expertise when working on large scale strategic projects.
It’s my team’s role to ensure we have clear line of sight on how we are tracking in terms of financial performance, looking across many comparators such as previous years and against our budget. By monitoring the performance, rapidly reporting and generating insight which is fed back into the business for decision making, we help to support the company to plan effectively and deliver our most optimum financial performance.
Where do you want Three UK to be in terms of financial performance this time next year?
- We will exit 2021 with great momentum on those emerging revenue streams like Business and Home 5G.
- The world will hopefully be on the path to normality with regards to Covid, giving ourselves and our customers the comfort and freedom they are so looking forward to.
- We would have continued discipline on strong cost control and our people will be prouder than ever to work for Three.