Budding directors on 3, the mobile media company, have earned over £100,000 by contributing to the company's unique SeeMeTV channel, thanks to its policy of rewarding customers. SeeMeTV, the first channel that puts mobile users in the director's chair, has continued to grow phenomenally since its launch in October with between one to two million downloads each month.
The channel, which features mini movies recorded by 3 customers via their mobile handsets, has received more than 30,000 clips from aspiring directors keen to share their talent with a potential audience of over 3.2 million.
SeeMeTV has been so popular that 3 has now expanded the channel to included several new categories including 24 Hours, a news service for budding journalists who are keen to share their news with the nation, a dating service, and a platform for new musical talent.
The most popular and interesting downloads on SeeMeTV to date include:
- Hot dog boy – the quickest frankfurter eater in town!
- Pretzel girl – a real-life office contortionist
- The World's first wedding proposal over video mobile – customer proposed to his girl friend on Valentine’s day (Dating Game)
- Tornado chaos – footage of the aftermath of the tornado that hit Birmingham (24 Hours)
3 rewards customers with 1p for every clip that is watched and with a potential audience of millions, who can each view the clip as many times as they like.
Graeme Oxby, 3's Marketing Director, comments: "We are delighted by the continuing success of SeeMeTV – it's our customers' channel and they're making it their own. We're seeing the emergence of a new breed of mobile entrepreneur earning cash regularly from their stunt or party piece. "
Since launching SeeMeTV, 3 has also launched WePay - a new pay-as you-go tariff, that also rewards customers with a cash credit for calls and texts they receive - 5p per minute for calls and 2p per text received. For further information, please contact the 3 media office 0207 350 5696See Me TV
See Me TV provides an opportunity for 3 customers to shine in front of millions of potential viewers. All the budding star has to do is record a short video displaying their talents, and then send their clip via MMS to 32323 to have it uploaded to the See Me TV Channel for other 3 customers to view.
SeeMeTV is also a chance to earn. For every 3 customer that watches a clip on See Me TV, the performer gets paid 1p – and with a potential audience of 3.2 million, who can each view the clip as many times as they like, the money to be made can quickly mount up. The cash is accumulated and paid out once it has reached £10 – there’s no cap on what a 3 customer can earn from SeeMeTV.About 3
3 is a mobile media company delivering a convergence of communications, entertainment and information to customers on the move.
The three areas which form the core of its business are:
- Communications – including all forms of personal communications, voice and video calling; text, picture and video messaging; and mobile blogging
- Entertainment – including television, music audio and video, computer games, and media publishing
- Information services – including wireless web, access to the best of the internet and a range of news services
3 UK is a member of the HWL group of 3G companies, which include 3G operations in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy and Sweden.Three facts about 3
- 3, a mobile media company, launched the UK's first 3G network
- 3 has over 3.2 million customers (August 2005 figure) in the UK and over 10 million worldwide
- The 3 network offers national coverage for calls and texts, and over 88% population coverage for 3G services